ARTICLES OF FAITH AND ABSTRACT OF PRINCIPLES OF MOUNTAIN SPRINGS BAPTIST CHURCH CHAMBERS COUNTY, ALABAMA, ADOPTED MAY 3, 1884
1. We believe in only one and true living God and that there are three persons in the Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that the Scripture of the Old and New Testament are the word of God and the only rule of Faith and Practice.
3. We believe in the doctrine of eternal and particular election.
4. We believe in the doctrine of original sin and the impotency of man to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by his own free will and ability.
5. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that God’s elect shall be called, regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Ghost, and that the Saints shall persevere in Grace and never finally fall away.
7. We believe that Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that the true believers are the only proper subjects of the ordinances, and that immersion only is baptism.
8. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgment and that the punishment of the wicked shall be everlasting and the joys of the righteous will be eternal.
9. We believe that no minister has a right to administer the ordinance only such as are called of God and have come under the imposition of the hands of a presbytery and are in full fellowship in the church of which they are a member.